View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 01:53 AM

The issue with the media is that they are simply not doing their job anymore. Neither about the military nor about any other field. Occasional mistakes would be normal but, today, mistakes, non-sence, fakes have become normality. They still remain some kind of starting point but that's it at most. Over the past couple of years I have not heard or read anything that was true in the medias. Worse, last year I tried to buy 5 different newspapers (2 rightists, 1 from the extreme right, 1 leftist and 1 communist). 4 out of 5 were basicaly saying the same on every subject. The only exception was the communist that was pure propaganda coming right out of the cold war (Great!). At last, I finaly found a weekly magazine that is going away from the "general official good thinking". It sales more every week, it's almost as untrue as the others but at least it gives us a different point of view.

I just wrote something to be released to the press a month ago. When the article came out, half of it was false (they just had to copy it and proved unable to achieve even that). They sent something to be checked by the person that was concerned and you could think that it was nice. The problem is that their email for that person was sent at 5:50 PM for an answer at 6:00 PM (on friday evening!).

The only thing to their credit is that this is the kind of critics I could make about many professionnals (too many IMO). Strangely, the crisis is hitting people hard but all the people I know that try to do their job properly are seeing a fair increase in their income.

Last edited by Mohoender; 03-16-2009 at 02:04 AM.