Thread: Binoculars
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 12:59 PM
History Geek

If you're using v1, vision enhancement devices are on Page 21 of the Referee's Manual. If a character has binoculars and is in a position to use them his RCN is increased by 10, or by 20 for the image intensifier. For the 2013 system magnifying devices reduce range band spotting penalties.

I consider binoculars essential because my PC group is probably weaker than most, and one of their advantages is hopefully being able to detect another group first and either avoid or get into an advantageous position and surprise the other party.

My group usually has 1 or 2 designated spotters who carry the binoculars. If they are static or the designated spotter in a vehicle (and not driving) I assume they are using their binoculars. If standing watch in shifts I assume the PC on watch is using them. If marching they have to get by with their naked eyeballs.

Several years ago someone posted a chart for recognition ranges. It is not mine, but I will re-post it because it is old and maybe no one else still has it.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx recognition ranges.xlsx (12.4 KB, 76 views)