View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
I suspect that there would be a small team of therapists on staff whose job would be to monitor everyone and find whatever THEY need to keep going. Some might do yoga, others might do movies, etc.

But I would not expect that many of them required much attention. Remember that they were all carefully selected, highly trained, highly motivated, very busy, and doing exactly what they all new would help. A few might have minor problems, and maybe one or two would snap, but yes, they could give them some degree of therapy and/or medication and if necessary freeze them.
I'm not sure how selective the project got to be.

I mean lets say theres a finite number of people with the skills and natural apptitude to do many of the key tasks. Recon dangerous groups, lead to cavalry raids on the bad survivors etc. Whilst still being able to learn complex technical tasks, advanced first aid etc.

Sounds close to the kind of people the Green Berets want.

And that's just the project "grunts." You also need a plethora of specialized skills you'll need some amazing teachers if you want the post apocalyptic world to read. Architects, engineers and which every flavour of medical expert you don't get well that skills gone for good.

Then these people need to be in to the project, leave their entire world behind and be part of the big bold Morrow future.

Honestly I think you'll get a lot of.

1 Dodgy barely suitable people who can't be done without (Dr House as chief medical officer for the project?)

2 People who are straight up kidnapped and frozen till after the end of the world.

3 People who have all the right mental physical traits but no useful skill. And are trained by the project for years, I could picture there being a Morrow orphanage rather like Professor X's academy. The people coming out possibly forming a fanatical, Morrow, Praetorian guard.

4 People who are recruited in the early days of TEOFTWAWKI. Mushroom clouds are great recruitment tools.