View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
OK. The situation is different in T2K. I was looking for a longer conventional war scenario to game using NATO: The Next War in Europe.

Maybe I'll go with a Red Storm Rising or The War That Never Was scenario but continue it through the NATO counter offensive into Poland. The Naval War Game papers are pretty good for this kind of research.

I still think as rational actors the Soviet leadership could have convinced not to use nukes.

Another note regarding Germany. Much of the German populace sees a difference between the idea of "unification", bringing West and East Germany back together and the concept of "reunification", which to them is a restoration of the German nation to the 1937 borders. They aren't demanding border changes or anything like that, but they see a real difference in the terms that many foreigners (except the Poles) overlook.

Benjamin
Go with the concept of a "proxy war" or regional conflict. None of the major powers want an escalation but everyone wants a favorable outcome. Because it is a "proxy war," the level of equipment will be limited (and possibly "last generation") and the players (who could be vetted Mercs or "Local Militia") would have greater autonomy. I would look at the "war" in The Ukraine or the UN-supported "operation" by Uganda and Kenya to purge Al Qaeda rebels from the African Union Regions (with fighting in southern Somalia, Uganda, The Central African Republic and Kenya) as inspiration.