View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark View Post
I've always heard that town referred to as Lake Panasoffkee (I grew up around Orlando).

There's a good listing of AFVs as of 2011 located here. Looking specifically at Florida, the "Future World War II Museum" in Titusville had its collection in Ohio until 2008, so those vehicles should all be ignored. However, the person listed there, C. Reed Knight, is the owner of Knight's Armaments Company in Titusville, which would be a tremendous asset to any faction. I'd be tempted to go for the Dusters in Daytona, DeLand, Gainesville, Starke, and Green Cove Springs (the last two are both near Jacksonville). Against raiders and NA forces without significant armor, the twin 40mm are plenty, and having five of them gives you commonality, so you're not making parts and ammo for a bunch of different vehicle types.

One thing that should help logistically with salvage is that Orlando is the headquarters of the 143rd Transportation Command, so even with the war, there should be prime movers available.
Yah; when I first started writing about FL in T2k I covered some of that (I see you found the earlier post.)