View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 07:38 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark View Post
I've always heard that town referred to as Lake Panasoffkee (I grew up around Orlando).

There's a good listing of AFVs as of 2011 located here. Looking specifically at Florida, the "Future World War II Museum" in Titusville had its collection in Ohio until 2008, so those vehicles should all be ignored. However, the person listed there, C. Reed Knight, is the owner of Knight's Armaments Company in Titusville, which would be a tremendous asset to any faction. I'd be tempted to go for the Dusters in Daytona, DeLand, Gainesville, Starke, and Green Cove Springs (the last two are both near Jacksonville). Against raiders and NA forces without significant armor, the twin 40mm are plenty, and having five of them gives you commonality, so you're not making parts and ammo for a bunch of different vehicle types.

One thing that should help logistically with salvage is that Orlando is the headquarters of the 143rd Transportation Command, so even with the war, there should be prime movers available.
A few points

I don't see a lot of useable vehicles in the guide. I see a lot of outdoor displays which are not going to be of much use as they usually in non working or driving condition, with most moving parts removed or welded. In most cases you need a flatbed and recovery vehicle, with a crew just to move the vehicle.
The you will need additional people get this vehicle back into working order. This would also require a fairly extensive machine shop.

If your lucky enough to find a vehicle in working condition, you still have go out to it, with fuel ( and a repair team(Cause it might not start or its been sitting to long)

Also

Only the 143rd Transportation Command's Headquarters and Headquarters Company is based is Tampa, so limited transport if any left. There are two other units near by,

332nd Transportation Battalion, which conducts Ocean Terminal Operations(I really don't see this not being deployed)

257th Transportation Battalion(Gainesville) Headquarters and Headquarters Det.