View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
A few points

I don't see a lot of useable vehicles in the guide. I see a lot of outdoor displays which are not going to be of much use as they usually in non working or driving condition, with most moving parts removed or welded. In most cases you need a flatbed and recovery vehicle, with a crew just to move the vehicle.
The you will need additional people get this vehicle back into working order. This would also require a fairly extensive machine shop.

If your lucky enough to find a vehicle in working condition, you still have go out to it, with fuel ( and a repair team(Cause it might not start or its been sitting to long)

Also

Only the 143rd Transportation Command's Headquarters and Headquarters Company is based is Tampa, so limited transport if any left. There are two other units near by,

332nd Transportation Battalion, which conducts Ocean Terminal Operations(I really don't see this not being deployed)

257th Transportation Battalion(Gainesville) Headquarters and Headquarters Det.
Orlando for the HQ, not Tampa (I would guess that was a typo, but want to be clear). They'd also pick up any remnants of the 993rd Transportation Company (Palatka) and possibly the 623rd Transportation Company (West Palm Beach), which both report up to the 143rd.