Thread: MY Project
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I think it looks really good and similar to what I had thought about. (9 regions and ~52k

The generic start for Regions/Areas/Groups seems very promising, but different geographical areas might need different specialization. Like the sea ops being focused on Ocean, Great lakes, or major rivers.

I don't know what you have at the Region air base level but I had plans for deployable helicopters at the Region level. Maybe 5 flights of 2 (plus ground crews) which could be temporarily run out of Area logistical or maintenance facilities. I had 2x M/AH-6 6 x UH-1 and 2 x CH-34 per region IIRC. Perhaps these could be considered direct report teams at the region level.

I would also add some redundancy at the national and region level as losses there would have a much larger effect on operations than areas or groups (which are small enough to be merged). No need for full redundancy (except maybe on logistics) but Command and Comms should be able to take up a portion of the other's work if one is lost (assuming a national asset cannot assist). Overlap between capabilities of the remaining regional facilities would also be logical if there is no duplication.

I have some interesting tools for calculating distance from canon nuclear strikes I could dig up if you decide you want to evaluate potential locations. For example when I was placing my regions and area facilities I used it to make sure I was 100 and 75 miles away from a strike respectivly.

Another note from my research good luck placing teams in New Jersey if you want it 25 miles away from a strike as I think there is only one small area that fits that bill.

If you get to the point of placing sites, let me know and I'll see what I can get up and running.