View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAT View Post
I guess I am not understanding what you think the state guard character should be. I see the State Guard more as a club that they belong to that has some duties, same as Red Cross, Volunteer Fireman and so on. I am not sure how being a police officer would not let you use them. Yes they may not have been called up, but after the fecal matter hits the oscillating blade and they decide to call up the State Guard for home defense/law enforcement having a fully trained LEO (maybe even retired) on the team I could see being good.
Your not thinking of the game terms, in the game the State Guard are used for home defense of a state, they are a military unit. While today we see the State Guard that has some duties, same as Red Cross, or Volunteer Fireman, that not how they were original organized. They are an organized military force at the service of the state in which they live. It should also me noted that many states would not even form state guard units until after their ANG Units are federalized.

While after the he fecal matter hits the oscillating blade, you find police, fireman and paramedics in the state guard. Before that they would doing their regular jobs. You can certainly generate these PC's or LEO's but they would doing their regular job up till the start of any adventure. So no state guard training until the last term of generation (the war term). I don't think it too much of stretch to for LEO or other special personnel to assigned to the state guard at the start of any adventure.