View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Your not thinking of the game terms, in the game the State Guard are used for home defense of a state, they are a military unit. While today we see the State Guard that has some duties, same as Red Cross, or Volunteer Fireman, that not how they were original organized. They are an organized military force at the service of the state in which they live. It should also me noted that many states would not even form state guard units until after their ANG Units are federalized.

While after the he fecal matter hits the oscillating blade, you find police, fireman and paramedics in the state guard. Before that they would doing their regular jobs. You can certainly generate these PC's or LEO's but they would doing their regular job up till the start of any adventure. So no state guard training until the last term of generation (the war term). I don't think it too much of stretch to for LEO or other special personnel to assigned to the state guard at the start of any adventure.
I am seeing that post TW2000 they are all combined together, but the part that is not clear to me is if you are making a character that has up to 12 terms (48 years life experiences) they are likely going to have retired from what ever job they held for most of there life. I am not seeing why someone could not make a character that was in the military for 5 terms (20 years) retired and then went to work doing what ever lets say LEO for the next 5 terms (20 years) and the retired for good. At some point they joined the State Guard as they missed the military but as they were retired and working a different job did not want to rejoin active or even the reserves, so the State Guard it is. When the balloon goes up they are not serving as a Solider or even a LEO as they are retired for 1 or 2 terms (4 to 8 years). They are to old to recall for the military and their skills are to out of date, they could maybe be recalled for LEO, but if that has been rolled into the State Guard they are already part of it.

I may be looking at it from a different point of view, as if you change LEO for Fire and State Guard for Red cross that fits my father almost to a tee. He joined the military in Vietnam era, did his time. Then became a Fireman retired as Chief and now volunteers for Red Cross. Due to age and all that he would not be recalled for either, but can do his "job" for the red cross.