Thread: Project Bases
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
The concept of a National Supply Base (NSB) is something that I have been working off and on for the last 3 months. It is a major work in progress.
The idea began with an examination of the nuclear strike patterns contained in the North American Target List, V1.01. In this, we see the destruction of much of the heavy industry of the United States. With this level of destruction, would the Project planners not have some kind of idea about rebuilding this critical infrastructure?

A NSB simply contains a variety of necessary supplies, but focuses instead on the manufacturing of this equipment. This concept consists of an abandoned mine, that has additional shafts dug for the siting of various needed manufacturing equipment. One shaft might be dedicated to the production of small arms and ammunition, another on the construction of fusion power packs, a third to produce electronic gear and so forth.
Additional levels would house trained technicians to operate this equipment.

Overall, I believe that there may be between 3-6 NSBs to support the project.

I do apologize for the lack of detail, but, it is in progress.
My TOE includes factories and logistics bases at all levels of the organization.

On the first part, I wanted to make sure that the Project had the ability to do more than scrounge, production capacity means they can help build factories and get an economy going. I have 3 National factories (I try not to have just *1* of anything in my Project!), 7 Regional factories, and 2 facilities per Area - a general machine shop to support the mission of the Project, and a maintenance shop to support Project assets.

On the second, moving assets and supplies around the country is always going to be a major challenge, so I have a similar set of bases devoted to housing and distributing whatever assets the Project has. Not only are there significant pre-war stores, but one of the "when possible" tasks for field Teams is recovering noteworthy assets and getting them into the Morrow logistics chain.

"You need a replacement XM-226 dynamo, a pair of 60 gpm pumps, and a new crankshaft to get that hydroelectric plant up and running? Well, a Recon Team in Mississippi marked a salvageable XM-226 a month ago, we'll send someone to collect it but it'll probably take a few months to get it to you. We've got plenty of salvaged pumps, you can have those today. As to the crankshaft, get us a drawing and we'll send it to the regional facility, they can handle something that large, we can't. Maybe two weeks?"