View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Banned

ArmySgt - I highly doubt anyone really cares much about state and federal laws after the TDM at all - no one is paying taxes, no one is paying attention to gun laws anymore - thats why LA is completely lawless by 2001 (getting massively nuked and no more water and electricity probably has something to do with that)

and I highly doubt that the Marines and Army made sure that every shell and weapon was accounted for as they were getting overrun by the Mexican invasion

FYI - you can make shells if you have the specs and the drawings - per the canon there are local machine shops making mortar rounds and such already by 2001 - and I have a feeling most of what they are making would be good old fashioned HE and solid shot

if he has the ability to make parts from the drawings and plans that he has I have a feeling he can make shells as well - given that his resources and skilled machinists that he had are a lot better than your average local machine shop

Oh and dont make me laugh that hard with this line - "Would the 1940s, 50s, and 60s equipment have a use somewhere? Yes. Not as a front line unit fighting trained soldiers and professionals like the Mexican Armed Forces though."

The Mexican Army of the V1 and V2.2 timeline is a combination of both a volunteer and conscript army.

Their officers were good but their NCO's werent - at least not in the mid-90's - that changed after the Chiapas revolt. Their Marines and Paras were every bit as professional as our guys are. However their army at the time of the invasion in the main was not trained or equipped for any type of land war. They were mostly trained to deal with disasters and service and security work inside Mexico.

Thus their army was definitely not trained for the invasion and combat against the US Army or trained to take on insurgents that were decently armed in any way. And their equipment was not up to the standard it is today - they only succeeded because even though their armor was crap and they didnt have a lot of it they at least had some - and we didnt. Thats why the advance into CA basically came to an end when they hit the guys from the 40th around Bakersfield as they finally got into that area from Oregon.

What they had was mostly 50's to 60's vintage and designs with a small amount of more modern French equipment - heck they were still using Stuart tanks and WWII half tracks in their army and Toyota trucks as troop carriers.

Meaning that the Littlefield tanks would have been either even or a match for most of what they had.

Last edited by Olefin; 04-04-2018 at 07:48 AM.