View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Banned

"You are correct, that did slip my mind, however that wasn't on anywhere near the level of Lend Lease and only ran about a third of the time. Although the US (and others) were supporting an anti-Soviet country, China still was in no way the wests ally. Given that no other war was envisaged at the time (unlike in 1939), there's little need to ramp up US production - existing stocks and production facilities would be more than enough (and political considerations and interference would stop much more anyway)."

Lend Lease went into effect in March of 1941 so the US only started really supplying the Allies only a about eight months before the start of WWII - so its really about the same length of time in both models (i.e. US supplying China). And China would have had its own people buying stuff from US factories - could see a huge upswing in purchases of things like MRE's, medical equipment, trucks, etc. from US factories - but not necessarily military equipment per se

One thing I would argue is you might see a hell of a lot of reworks of older US equipment being done for sale to China and thus some of it going into US formations when the war started - especially after the TDM - stuff like tanks or APC's pulled out of the boneyards

One place I could see a big military order being placed fyi would be to Cadillac Gage - i.e. for Stingray tanks and armored cars