View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:55 AM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
In Lapland area most marauder bands should be quite small. Ten-man crew can easily take over a farm. Larger groups can take over small village. After all you need shelter and food during winter. Population density is very low in Lapland and in 2000-2001 marauder bands larger than 100 men are thing of past.

Former military units can carve small semi-feudal states that control 10 000 – 20 000 square kilometer areas. In Finland most probable place is Sodankyla, its also home of Jaeger Brigade. Probably area can support 500-1000 men unit
Hmm... yea, I know Lapland is harsh. Hence my idea of letting the Sapmi gain effective power in those areas, due to their experience of living of the land. But I underestimated the sheer harshness it seems.

Hmm.. then Sodankyla might be a source of power if nothing else. Haparande should be able to survive due to its fisheries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
Not sure, but has anyone added this?

Sweden
Missed that version, always good with inspiration. But it does clash with the established lore at some places, as talks being held in Oslo that was strategically nuked as per Boomer.