View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 10:53 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Phoenix Command, and the games that have come from the system (Aliens, Lawnmower Man, Terminator, Dracula) does take a little time initially, but once the players and GM get a handle on it, and have a copy of the tables in front of them, it really doesn't take very long at all. Yes, there's a couple of rolls required for each shot or burst (to hit, glancing, and how hard was the hit, then how well does the target handle it), but it's really not that much slower than most other systems.
Again, PROVIDED the players have read and understood the rules and have the tables immediately at hand.

The delays mostly come from lack of preparation and only having one copy of the relevant tables. ALWAYS a good idea to photocopy the tables and distribute them before the game session.
Are you implying that I didn't properly read the Phoenix Command rules?

You're right.
The system was too dense for my tastes. I wanted a system that I could adjudicate without having to constantly reference the rules. None of the people I gamed with at the time wanted the complexity of the Leading Edge Games system, to the point where they ran the games published by LEG with other rules systems.

OH I see what's going on here.
Leading Edge Games
LEG
Legbreaker
Leg
Hmm, seems to be a vested interest here!