Thread: 4th ed T2K
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 01:30 PM
Banned

FYI what I really hope is that they really do a trial run of the timeline and the game past as many veterans as they can - and by that I mean hard core players, GM's, module/sourcebook writers - both official and unofficial, both past and present. Add in a sprinkling of newbies or rookies as well as they need to bring more than just a bunch of guys who have been around since 1984 onboard if they want to make the game long term viable.

Get a decent amount of input and replies and then make sure it works as much as it can - there will never be perfect game but they can do what it takes so that its not like New Coke or the last two Star Wars movies where they ended up pissing off the real lovers of the product in the process of trying to redo something that had been out there a while.

And make sure that they know the time period - i.e. all you dont want is a writer in his 20's who has no idea what the 90's were like past old reruns of Friends and Seinfeld, especially the level of tech.

For a lot of young people the idea that the internet was dial up and slow as hell, that cell phones were almost non-existent and bulky as hell and that computers were nothing like today's are is beyond their comprehension. Showed my kids what computer graphics were like in the 90's and they literally couldnt believe we played those games for instance. Let alone the concept of a floppy disk.