View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
Thank you, gentlemen.

@SSC - while I am quite cynical about this forum's overall culture and the reception 2013 received here, my comment in this case was meant at face value. The Czech setting sourcebook received a good reception, now that I look back at its release thread, but there was literally zero comment on the release of Czech Your Engine. I always figured no one cared, which is part of why it took me another ten years to produce anything else of significant size for this game line.

- C.
Okay, no follow up comments at all. Yes that's quite unusual, I can understand why you'd feel as though nobody was interested, I mean, there's absolutely nothing to gauge the level of interest, no feedback. That's a bit of a head shaker at best and incredibly frustrating and dismaying at worst.

As for 2013, I think some of the discontent was not because of "changing the game", not because of the rules or even the game world itself, but from the attitude of the person in charge. By that I mean things like the demand for proof of being in the military before being allowed to contribute military information, forum replies that weren't from direct personal experience would be judged as not applicable and so on.
And it did feel as though it was a demand and that you would be excluded if you weren't "one of the gang".

Myself and a few other Australian ex-military gamers that I know of were interested in contributing but the demand to prove our credentials gave us quite a problem because (as I am sure it is with most nations) it is forbidden to send military documents to foreign nationals. To do so would require applying for security clearances and so on and it was much more trouble than it was worth.

I believe that is what soured a lot of people on 2013