View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
I am thoroughly tired of zombie and mutant type apoc/post-apoc, they've been done so often that many of the stories/movies/games end up being pretty much the same. There's so many of them I've stopped collecting apoc/post-apoc RPGs and just focus on the few that I would like to play.
I think the way these two genres have been saturated with product, it's very easy to become jaded.
I've had similar conversations to this with people before. I enjoy the post apoc genre, whether it's Twilight 2000, Mad Max, Survivors (BBC series that ran briefly in the 70's then was rebooted equally briefly in the 2010's), etc, etc.

Mutants I can kind of tolerate. But I have no interest whatsoever in the Zombie genre. I don't even class it as post apoc. It's supernatural (or however you want to describe it). In my opinion it's a completely different genre, one that has virtually nothing in common with the one that I enjoy.