View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 07:34 PM

I think he meant Personalize by specific quirks for either positive or negative game effects.

Personalize so that two characters who are essentially the same apart from a few skill points, say two Tank crewmen, so that they might be more identifiable.
Perhaps one positive quirk (advantage) might be he's an excellent student and finds it easier to learn certain skills, another might have some sort of direction sense making it easier to navigate.

Picking a few off the top of my head from other games might include ambidextrous, or a light sleeper, conversely heavy sleeper... All the way to a negative quirks (disadvantages) like a missing finger, or a missing hand, reduced hearing, or a bad eye, addiction, and so on and so forth.

Just looking whether someone might have already come up with a list of advantages and disadvantages, how they might be chosen and limited (by point value, plus/minus perhaps) and their game effects...

Did that make sense?

I heard there was something similar in T2K13 but I haven't seen it, and am not sure about converting game effects between the systems and so on.