Thread: Music in T2K
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 06:05 PM
Registered Amuser

When I was in the Army in the early 90s acapella was a pretty big thing, at least in the Combat Engineers. It was not uncommon for “concerts” to break out on the sidewalk during breaks and at night. A lot of us would just stop and listen for a good long while. I could easily see that continuing into the Twilight war as I stopped for a few songs in Germany as well.

As a side note, I never saw it again after I became a tanker. It may have been a cultural thing among the Combat Engineers at the time.

Apart from that, I always used acoustic guitars for music in my PA games. The inspiration for that was South American cultures in the late 1800s. In many places the ability to play a guitar well was a symbol of manhood. People would commonly bring their guitars with them to all manner of gatherings. Additionally, impromptu competitions would “break out” to solve disputes or just because.

If a character knew how to play a guitar, they could earn gratitude from villagers who are stressed and just want to relax and listen to music. Just the ability to entertain can earn cheaper fares and a good meal in a land where music is in short supply.