View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 08:03 PM

I love the idea, I just don't know how you bring it in in a mechanical sense in a way that makes sense and flows well.

I feel that you almost want some time of counter or "timer" that is representing loss of group cohesion and short-term morale over time during a battle and as this starts going down then things start to become harder etc ("attrition"). It would happen on both sides and lead to a situation where the sides want to HOLD and regain and then the side that is losing when HOLDing is happening simply says - stuff this - we're out of here, and retreats or at least re-positions.

[edit] - specifically for holding I think I need to answer 1) why would a side want to hold? What's the benefit? 2) does a side need to hold or is it individuals that hold? 3) Why would a side not want to hold? What is the downside of holding?

With these I could start getting my head around what the intention is and then what the best way to implement might be.

An easy way could be to link it to CUF team morale - at some point unit cohesion and communication has suffered enough that everyone just needs to reground and work out wtf to do next?? Also situations where seriously wounded people need to be dealt with. I don't know, as an armchair soldier I'm not in the best place to judge here. I guess you do see the equivalent in team (ball) sports where you have many HOLDs between plays.

Last edited by leonpoi; 03-03-2022 at 08:24 PM. Reason: some more thoughts