View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 08:23 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

My vote is for the F-16, despite not personally being a fan of it. It's common, multirole, and there are likely to be a bunch on the market in the coming years as more current operators adopt the (sigh) F-35. Also, one non-NATO alliance proposal I've seen discussed is the introduction of Ukraine into the Visegrad Group, and the F-16 is the only listed fighter currently operated by Visegrad Group members, so commonality there would be an additional selling point. While the Visegrad Group is not a militar alliance per se, it does engage in rather a lot of defense cooperation.

Going beyond the poll's parameters (because apparently that's the theme of this thread), I also would consider the Gripen a candidate. While its disadvantages in cost and ubiquity have been amply discussed in another current thread, it has the political advantage of coming from another non-NATO nation, which may be important if Ukraine clings to its ostensible neutral posture in the postwar years (and it's also in Visegrad Group member service).

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson