View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 03:38 PM

Something i like about V4.0 in combat, is how the to hit dice and ammo dice work.

A skilled operator rolls D12+D12 and is likely to get a hit, or get multiple successes (>10), with a single shot/bullet.

An unskilled operator rolls D6+D6 plus a handful of ammo dice. The result is maybe a hit (rolling a 6), maybe a suppression. But a boat load of ammo expended, truely spray and pray.

I think this reflects reality well. (Less bullets more hits) verse (lots of bullets and less likely to hit).

I feel like in V4.0 that generally, i see my characters and NPCs using much more bullets than previous editions. I've found this a good thing for two reasons. One, during battle ammo runs low and mag change are needed. Add a tense pause in combat!

Secondly, it does mean burning through ammo that you really do need to start worrying about how many rounds you can carry on your person due to weight. And how many actual magazines do you have? I used to have 100 rounds on me. But now i need to break it down to how many full magazines i have.

Whats a "normal" number of magazines to carry? 4? 6? 8? While on patrol for example.