View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I hope this isn't off topic, but does anyone here have any first-hand experience with 40mm HEDP rounds? Like, have you seen what kind of damage it can produce?

Against the armor of a typical MBT, I assume it would do little substantive damage, but against lighter armor- say, that of a BTR, for example- what kind of damage could 40mm HEDP do? I've always imagined that unless hit hits a crewman's station, weapon, or critical automotive component, the light AFV would be still able to continue normal operations (although non-critical hit could, I suppose, still cause the crew to panic and withdraw). Am I underestimating the effect of 40mm HEDP?

-
A really lucky series of hits might damage antennae, smoke grenade dischargers, dazzlers, stowage boxes, a coax or possibly foul up a road wheel on an MBT.
They would be much more useful against BTR's or possibly BMP's-the caveat being the BMP would have a much longer reach to engage you. I'd rather not face down a BTR 60 or BTR 70 with 40 mm but it would be better than nothing.