Thread: Coolest Camo
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughOmbres View Post
By the time of the Twilight War had the Flecktarn completely been fielded in the Bundeswehr? I always imagined the Territorial Heer having a mix of camo until supplies ran out and remaining troops using their old moleskin grey/gray uniforms that were so ubiquitous well into the late 1980's. What say the group?
It would be YEARS for the Army to catch up Desert Camouflage Uniform pattern accessories (body armor, MOPP suits, etc) with the DCUs worn in Iraq/Afghanistan. I deployed twice with woodland body armor and didn't get my first desert-friendly set until 2005, and that was probably because I was deployed with JSOC. Then it was a couple years of DCU accessories matched with the ACU grey digital pattern and by the time the ACU accessories caught up, they had switched to the Multicams. And that was just in the nine years I was in.

My understanding is that Flecktarn was in use from the late 80s on in a couple of different militaries. I think it'd be pretty reasonable for any units extant at the start of the war to be all uniform with the... uniforms. Mid-to-late war replacements would maybe not have as much, and by 2000, I doubt very many soldiers are 100% matching.