View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebravo92 View Post
Sure...my point wasn't the availability of salvage in NYC, it's the availability of another party on the other side of the deal. Like who would be bringing in the food to trade with NYC, and what would they be trading for the food that they couldn't obtain closer to home where the food is grown? I mean, I like E. Zegna suits as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure there's a lot of stuff in Manhattan and particularly exclusive to Manhattan that would be super valuable in a post-apoc world.
Manhattan could be a major source or scavenged "luxury" goods like liquor, cigarettes, and candy. It would also have a huge supply of medicines both over the counter and prescription. There's also going to be untold numbers of first aid kits and other sorts of supplies. The sheets and drapes in a single apartment building could make thousands of bandages and surgical thread.

Besides these there's going to be literal tons of warm clothes, shoes, and other quality of life goods. Additionally cities are jam packed with vehicles. There will be literal tons of parts (including POL) available for scavenging if not complete working vehicles.