View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

My campaign has acutally used a series of highly public negoations occuring throughout the war right up to and after the major strat nuke exchanges that at least stopped the total MAD solution. In fact the earlier talks in Europe is why there wasn't much sooner tactical nuke exchanges until NATO forces crossed onto Soviet soil... i think that i have read somewhere that the Soviets had plans that if a 'forced' unification of Germany by forces other than the Warsaw pact occured, they where going to nuke the German states until they glowed so bright they could be seen from out of the solar system. And the outright 'aggression' of how the start of the war in Europe was original described would have definately put it into that category. it's one of the reasons why i have explained the fact that the East and West Germans both pressed for the fact that they both wanted to remain seperate nations right up until the French invaded the Rhineland. it would have given the NATO allies the ability to spin the war as a war of liberation, pointing at the fact they couldn't do anything during 'Black Winter', 'Prague Spring' ect... But they could liberate the Eastern Bloc form being bled dry in an 'Imperialist' Soviet war in the Far East. Turning the Central Asian states into a joint locale could even work for that... The same problems with islamic extremism that you've described the Soviets as having, would be the same as the PRC would have in their Central Asian territories (as we are seeing happening today, and why those guys that had been held in GITMO are now in the Caribbean instead of turned back over to the PRC who was actually 'begging' for them back)...

A USSR/PRC alliance to deal with the uprise of islamic extremism in their Muslim territories could easily be created, especially if the intial fighting was against EACH OTHER started by islamic extremists causing the border disputes in the first place (kind of like Coyle was able to get a war started between the USA and Mexico in 'Trail by Fire')...

sorry if this comes across as disjointed or rambling. my brain isn't working to well at the moment. i'm really sorry
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.