View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.T.
I have to admit: I did not even think about the original timeline. I play Twilight 2.2 every now and then and own a copy of the 1st version, but I haven't looked to it in the last 15 years.

Off course, my infos make no sense in the original timeline.

The original timeline would not let enough time for a resupply. More likely, the East-German troops could have been outfitted with colored armbands or the like. But I think, a lot of East Germans (of the original timeline) would have deserted their new army and tried to fight alongside their old allies. There would have been no reason, why most of them should have made up their mind (and switched over to NATO) in such a short time!

Kind regards
B.T.
Well, IMHO, none of the timelines (including the new 3.0) make total sense -- 1.0's comes the closest, but it's outdated.

As far as wearing armbands or something: having taken a snap shot at someone who wasn't wearing the right shape of helmet (hit him in the face -- and it turned out to be the right thing), I really can't stress enough the need for allied troops to have some kind of recognizable uniform.

With the East and West Germans, it occurs to me that you might have a situation where some of the East German troops switched over to the NATO side, and others that fought with the Soviet/Warsaw Pact side. Lots of confusion for much of the war. Perhaps mass surrenders and desertions to both sides. Some East German troops might even go the partisan route if they couldn't find a "friendly" side to link up with.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com