View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Not trying to scrap his whole work - just pointing out that the Mexicans never had any appreciable tank force - but also pointing out that the whole canon invasion works just fine with the armored forces that they did have and also how the sourcebook that Turboswede is presenting said invasion outside of the tank forces mentioned.

After all they arent facing fully equipped US armored divisions when they go in - at best the US might have some Sheridans or some light armored vehicles that are patrolling navy bases and the like - against that kind of equipment the Mexican armored forces would be very effective (which is the story the canon tells) and also the story that Turboswede tells.

And I dont see the US stripping the Southwest of armor the way they did if the Mexicans were both a) unfriendly and b) had an army with a large force of tanks. Under that scenario, for instance, the 49th would have been in Texas when the invasion occurred and probably stopped it dead in its tracks.

Turboswedes's work is very good - an excellent sourcebook - and i do plan on using it. I only point out that the canon works on the Mexican Army do not show them as having any tanks in either of the works published on the makeup of the Mexican Army. I would think that it would be highly unlikely that every Mexican tank got knocked out by the US during the invasion - some would have survived for sure and still been in Mexican units in 2000.

As for HW and Kidnapped - those modules have tons of flaws in them that have nothing to do with Mexico having tanks or not. Including things like how does Colorado Springs get hit by a nuke earlier in the war but somehow MilGov is headquartered in a city that would have been destroyed by said nuke? But that horse has been beaten to death and no reason to bring it back to life yet again.