View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man 1966
Going over your work now, it is interesting on how the death of Lady Di was "butterflied" away in this timeline along with Prince William becoming King. Any word on Prince Harry?
I think the divergence from the real World timeline is sufficient to justify "saving" Diana. Harry is mentioned, in December 1998.

"In December the UK Capital was moved once more, this time to Oxford; a rump Parliament was formed from surviving Members of Parliament, now numbering just over forty, with Douglas Montgomery confirmed as Prime Minister. The Emergency Parliament’s first act was to implement a continuation of the MACA (Military Aid to the Civilian Authorities) Act; whilst this formally lifted Martial Law, the Military would remain responsible for law and order for the foreseeable future, whilst Parliament would, nominally at least, run the Country (or at least those areas over which it had control). Most of the surviving members of the British and Dutch Royal Families moved to Oxford at this time, although those in the immediate line of succession to both Thrones (Prince Harry for the British and Prince Willem Alexander of Orange for the Dutch) were moved to secret locations in secure areas controlled by the Military (rumours persisted for some time afterwards that the Princes had gone to either Australia or New Zealand)."

I figured that after losing much of the national leadership in one go in the York strike, going forward the British and Dutch Governments would ensure that the heirs were never in the same place as the reigning Sovereigns to ensure a line of succession. I left the exact location of the heirs delibarately vague...personally I would have them holed up in a country house in Wiltshire guarded by a platoon of Gurkhas, but the option is there for the GM that would prefer to send them overseas.