View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 AM

Default timelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mock26 View Post
I love the original time line because of the nostalgia and for simplicity in gaming, but I actually like the 2013 time line better.
We have our own variety of the timeline.
Back in the 1990s we could still relate to the whole East vs West situation. But as the things changed and WWIII: Moscow vs Washington- the Slugfest became less and less likely we also started to "look for new angles".

It is nostalgic to go back to the simpler age of fearing the Bear. So I do enjoy the old timelines. Also I do like the attempted new angle the 2013 set up has.
But neither older nor newer timeline really had it for us - so we came up with our own. The idea dates back to around 2002-2003. We started playing this campaign in 2004/2005.

It has elements of 2013 and some scavenged bits from the V1 or V2 installments.

Here is a link. But one caveat - my fellow gamers have condensed and translated bits of it so any misspelling should be attributed them!

Also - content might be controversial to some. Rest assured that this is not a political statement of any sort and that any disrespect to any nation - particularily the USA is not ourt intention. ( I guess I could get upset if someone dismembered my country and exaggurated things about it.). Lastly - of course there will be a myriad reasons that this wouldnt play out this way. But here it goes:

http://thebigbookofwar.50megs.com/about.html