View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbru View Post
In one encounter my character had a PK gpmg prone firing three 5rnd bursts per turn, so I was loosing dice on the third burst per turn but thought it was worth it. I was firing at approaching infantry in light woods and managed to fire off the entire 100rnd belt and only scored one hit. Had to retreat (run away) when they started spamming us with nades which is how close they got. In my opinion those kind of results are not kind on they player considering we're playing world war 3 survivors. An considering the effectiveness of machineguns on the modern battlefield since world war one, not very realistic either.
Having instructed people on the use of PKM, I must say, that is very, very unrealistic as the weapon is very accurate. At 300m range, the procedure I have been taught is to fire short, controlled bursts with a spotter calling out the strikes of the tracer rounds. When the tracers connect with the target area, the bursts grow slightly longer to fire for effect. And even at 300m, the bursts are accurate enough when fired from prone, supported position, the strikes are within 60cm of one another.