View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Their absence (surely they HAVE to know this forum exists) is one reason why I'm very, very cautious about the 4th edition. To me, this would almost have to be their first stop (amongst the handful of facebook groups and the like) to get a feel for what people are actually looking for.
I was going to say. Looking at their website, however, it's pretty clear that this company is rather large (for a gaming concern), and is going to do it their way, and damn our opinion. I had considered this an option (talking to them or offering input) but discarded it as a viable idea for a number of reasons:
  • They have creative control
  • I don't like their 2d20 "cinematic" house system
  • We'd be effectively begging them to include our ideas to maintain our nostalgia
  • We don't know what the details are of the agreement between FFE/Miller/Modiphius
  • The smart play (as mentioned in another thread on v4) would've been to make the development process transparent, ala D&D NEXT, which led to v5 <-- this is a move we should seriously consider if we undertake our own development project: distro an early beta to all possible playtesters in our market and have them test it and send feedback early

Last edited by vihkr; 05-08-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: grammar sux