View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespers War View Post
Yeah, the only other option (which would be unlikely, and I didn't think about it when writing my first post) would be one of the Subsequent Term Skills occupations spending most or all of their skills on Medical. In theory, they could be better than a Medical Doctor, who's at Medical (any) 7 after three terms (Undergraduate, Medical School, Medical Doctor), because they can throw all 5 skills in Term 2 and 4 skills in Term 3 into Medical and (with high enough EDU to absorb all the levels) have Medical (any) 9. They wouldn't be great combatants, but the Special Forces super-medic would have Small Arms (Rifle) 4, Autogun 1, and (assuming they took it as a background skill) Unarmed Martial Arts 5.
Yes. That is possible and "The Doctor" pregen I created actually has a higher Medical: Surgery skill but is pretty useless in combat - Medical School, 2 Medical doctor civilian terms and 2 Medical Officer terms all assisted with that but he's an extreme case of the "non-combatant" medic that needs to be protected by the group as an invaluable asset or as a "hand-wave" resource.