View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:17 PM

We did talk about this on the old board: someone (Raellus I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong) even came up with a die roll to see if a major combat unit had female combat soldiers. I do agree that any combat-exclusion law or reg becomes moot after the TDM, and armies all over need warm bodies in slots, regardless of gender. My SEAL LCDR has a female XO, and her backstory was that prewar, she was part of a pilot program to evaluate if women could be integrated into SEAL teams. Once the balloon went up, she simply stayed in the unit. One of our M-1A1s also happens to be "unmanned....", and two former POWs with us (the group rescued them) are female: I use them as the "bad cop" in the good-cop/bad-cop interrogation technique. However, due to certain unpleasant aspects of their captivity, they have a habit of killing Russians who try to surrender (oops). Then there's a prominent NPC in Black Madonna: CAPT Molly Warren, CO of Bravo Troop, 1/116 ACR, who has a similar personality trait in dealing with prisoners....Also, in the U.S. Army Vehicle Guide, some of the combat vehicles (including tanks and MLRS launchers) mention female crewers.

Kato, if you could find that old thread and repost it or provide a link, that'd be great.

Old USMC Adage