View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:41 AM

Default game gun - the baddest gun that never were

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier View Post
"Oversized Desert Eagle" sounds like too much pistol for me right out of the gate.
by game I mean RPG game ..hehe..

I agree- too much pistol for everyone else to in opur campaign .As a GM I decided that realistically ( in my head) , such a massive gun would get little real useage.

As the GM in said campaign I would just like to point out that the
Paintek .666 never saw widespread use in our campaign ( still running 6th year FtF etc etc ) .So - in our campaign -

The gun -although massproduced - was very unpopular among the troops who dubbed it knucklebuster due to the injuries the regular soldier sustained when handling the massive piece.It also had severe recoil,was heavy and cumbersome and ammo supply was problematic at times due to logistical effects of the gun being scorned by most troops etc .Also th eergonomics were questionable as the grip was large and big hands needed to comfortably shoot it .Despite all these design flaws ,the PC in question secured a run of 50 000 units .Most were never issued.

A parallell project for a sidearm for the parties armies quickly rushed the Paintek1911 into production and it gained popularity over the .666 instantly -even if cheaper and less deadly it was just more easy to use and carry.

The .666 was also expensive in terms of resources and manpower and if added to the scales of all the Generals super weapon projects , might have been a part of the reason that his armies collapsed for lack of supplies and weapons towards the later part of our " 2nd American Civil War" .

Anyways - the gun has a few strongpoints as a theoretical design , the way we saw it ,it has very high stopping power due to the heavy bullet and comparatively fierce propellant load .Rules wise it is meant to be the "big ,bad gun" that is sure to end any discussion. A PC can also club someone to death with little damage to the weapon.In CQB it is a good choice when considering the rules , it is relatively fast and stops the enemy dead every time with our dmg rules.

In real live the trend towards guns that can tip a polar bear over has shown that outrageous calibers in hand guns are marketable - see the .460, .454 Casull, .50 AE, etc etc .

General Pains character carries one in our current game.