View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
Overall, beyond some isolated incidents I think that people will attempt to get on with their lives as best they can and that, on local levels particularly in the border areas, there will be a degree of cooperation. I don't mean to make Ireland sound like a post war utopia, but I don't think it will be as bad as GDW may have made it look. Life will still be a lot tougher than it was pre war, but I don't envision a full on civil war. All IMHO of course!
Tigger, lots of good points in your post.

What are your thoughts on the transfer of all regular troops to Germany and their replacement by a fully mobilised Ulster Defence Regiment as per canon? It seems to me to be almost inevitable, as HMG wont want to keep a Division's worth of trained troops in NI when there is a greater need for them elsewhere, but would appreciate the "local" point of view...

I'll post my thoughts on Scotland later in the week when I have a little more online time...