View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Langham View Post
Minor quibble, Leicester would have 7 Royal Anglian not 3WFR (who are based in Chesterfield & Mansfield).
My orbat's based on the real life pre Options for Change orbat (with a few tweaks), so I have 7 RAR going to Germany with the 2nd Infantry Division at the start of the war.

I have 3 WFR remaining in the UK in a home defence role; they get sent to the Birmingham area after the nuclear strikes to try and keep order, but break up as a cohesive military unit during 1998. Different groups head in different directions, with one finishing up in Leicester.

Attached is a copy of my 1996 orbat. The tweaks were based on a suggestion of LouieD's, namely that the large "Volunteer" Regiments (Lowland, Highland, Yorkshire, and Wessex) revert back to their original Regimental names, so 3rd Battalion, Yorkshire Volunteers becomes 3rd Battalion, Duke of Wellington's Regiment, etc). That results in a modest expansion of the TA as four additinal Battalions are formed. I also have 1 and 2 Bns, London Regiment being raised, but no 8th Queen's Fusiliers - 1 LONDON goes to to Germany, while 2 LONDON is tasked for home defence of London (and gets toasted on Black Thursday).

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: pdf British Army Global Orbat 1996.pdf (146.0 KB, 309 views)