View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
It certainly has a plate of a Canadian vehicle in UN colours serving in a UN Peacekeeping force in (I think) Sri Lanka, so it might have been in the blurb for that plate.
The picture is of Kiowa Scout Helicopter and says Sir Lanka was the last UN Peacekeeping mission.

I personel think that most of the UN missions start to fall apart once war in Europe starts. I mean alot of European Powers have troops on missions as well as Canada, US and Russsia.

But who going to send troops for peacekeeping when you got a war on. Some smaller nations might still try and send a few troops, Australia and New Zealand might try to fill in on a few missions but I think they would under pressure to send troops to China or Korea.

The way I see it the UN failed to keep the war from starting, it peacekeeping missions are without any aid or material since there two large wars driving production and resources for them, and with smaller nations trying to fill the gaps there just ar'nt enough troops or aid. Here a link for more info

http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/bnote.htm

Last edited by rcaf_777; 01-18-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling