View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Although I think the M249 (especially the para versions) is better looking, I really like the K&K 21.

Aside from the fact that it's based on the legendary G3 rifle, the H&K 21 has a heavy barrel that can be easily changed. Most SAWs don't. It also accepts standard box mags, 80-round drums, and belted 7.62mm N. When fitted with a telescopic sight, and fired on semi-automatic, it can be used as a designated marksman's rifle. With a new barrel, belt feed, and bolt, it can fire 7.62mm AK ammo. That kind of versatility ranks it above all of the other weapons on the list. In my mind, this is the ideal SAW for SOF.

I so want to play a German PC now so that I can have one of these babies.
I don't think being a German soldier would matter with the HK-21. I think maybe only the federal police or special operatrions troops would use it with the regular Army having the MG3. This weapon was really made for export if I can recall right. Maybe in a crisis like WWIII they would start giving them to german troops, but otherwise you are more likely to find it operating in African, and South or Central American countries.