View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 06:49 PM
Registered Registrant

Just as a small point of note about electricity and damage from it, electric shock is probably the most common form of injury by electricity, when you start getting into electrocution you're talking death or severe injury.
Where it will get "fun" working out damage rules is determining the amperage of the electricity - "high voltage can harm you but high amps will kill you" sort of thing.

As a very rough first look, you could say that high voltage (e.g. 1000 or more) will injure someone and excessively high voltage (e.g. 10,000 or more) will kill them.
A current of just 10 milli Amps (i.e. 0.01 Amp) will give you severe electric shock and 100 mA (0.1 Amp) will cause severe contractions of the muscles and this can upset the heart beat which sometimes causes death.
2000 mA (2 Amps) will cause burning of body tissue and will cause unconsciousness along with muscle paralysis. The heart beat is interrupted and death is very likely.

What I have no clear idea of though, is how to go about modelling that in the rules (particularly as I am not very familiar with any of the rules, regardless of edition).

The following link describes damage from electric shock and from electrocution far better and has a useful chart for damage by Amps
https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/ho...you-human.html