View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Evening all,

Attached an updated timeline to my Alternative Survivor’s Guide.

This update has one fairly substantial revision, which pertains to the situation in Ireland. When I wrote the initial timeline I deviated quite substantially from the canon material by not having the Irish Defence Force invading Northern Ireland and the subsequent conflict that followed. There were a number of reasons for that, however given that it is a part of the established T2k canon, with the benefit of hindsight I think I should have kept it in. So the attached timeline is an attempt at a “retcon” that includes the conflict in Ireland. This is a first draft – my intention is to try and create an atmosphere similar to that found in the Balkans following the break up of Yugoslavia

Also attached is my order of battle for British forces in Northern Ireland and The Irish Defence Force.

Thanks to several people who posted in a thread started by Canadian Army a couple of years ago about Ireland, which had a lot of useful information.

As always, comments / questions are most welcome (please remember this is set at the start of June 2000).

Cheers

Dave
Dave,

great work as ever. Do you mind if I incorporate some of your work on the forces into my material on Ireland I am working on?

James