View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 05:17 PM

Default Execel training links and a combat calculator

Paul – there are a ton of books available, but the online click-as-you-go / self-paced options are really handy. For this type of thing I’ve always been better with “hands-on” than paging through a large tome.

• Linkedin Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/to...icrosoft-excel
• Microsoft free tutorial / templates – Excel: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...mc_id=otc_home

Admittedly a hard-copy can be handy, but with Excel there is SO MUCH content that any thorough book ends up quite thick. Rather than drop a bunch of cash on a new hard-copy, I’d hit up a local used book store and see if they have a 2016 or 2019 (or ‘365) version on the shelf. I’m lucky enough to have several Half Price Books close by (Wisconsin) with a selection of used training books.

Basic operation is very similar between the latest versions and Office365, I haven’t noticed a ton of ‘365 specialties that are used in day-to-day operations. My office transitioned me a month ago from 2016 to ‘365, and I have both 2019 and ‘365 at home and don’t have any issue moving between them. Very similar layout, and operation.

Due to the volume of content, I have been turning more to Google for searching than using a reference volume.

And like Amagi, I would be honored to help out if there was anything I could do from my end to assist.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time combing through your website, so it’d be great to give back a little.

Amagi – I will try to attach a copy of an excel-based PC-sheet that I had worked up. It has a weapon / combat section that auto-calculates all the items you mentioned once you fill in PC stats, the few key gun stats, and CRM skill level.

Fill in white cells, and the green cells will calculate.

It figures auto-fire, range, dice-numbers, and recoil rules, and I even took a stab at some armor interactions.

Feel free to take what works and re-write what you don’t like. And I’d also be open to feedback regarding how I interpreted some of the rules.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Twilight2000 Blank PC Sheet 5-pg REVISED 2020-11-05.xlsx (204.7 KB, 10 views)