View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
I'm in agreement with this. There may be special units created for particular tasks and missions, but that's about it.
Also, the Polish Government in exile was IRL little more than a figurehead and one which nobody took any serious notice of. Even in T2K, I just don't see them having any authority or power and what little there was would evaporate with the nukes of 1997.
Pre nuke, the propaganda value would be minimal, and could even be detrimental (some may see it as "arming the enemy"). Post nuke, well with television and radio out of commission and most people simply more interested in where their next unirradiated meal is coming from rather than the fact a few ex-pat Poles have formed a military unit....
Any authority / power the Polish Government in Exile has (or hasn't) in T2K would in all probability be entirely dependent on the NATO allies. Isn't there mention in some of the canon material of NATO setting a Polish Government in Poland circa January 01st 1997? I still think a "Free Polish Army" (for lack of a better name) is a valid alternative to the raising of new Polish units to serve in NATO armies.

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 12-28-2011 at 07:19 AM.