View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I would definitely be up for a continuation of the V1 and/or V2.2 timelines and rules as I suspect so would Raellus. I loved the old timeline and having the ability to continue it and flesh it out further and move it forward in time or detail areas that were never fleshed out in the original releases would be of huge interest to me - i.e. thus my release for Kenya and East Africa. I have no idea what the V4 will be but I dont see why there couldnt also be releases for the "classic" timeline as well to complement it.
We all have the nostalgia for it, brother. The issue lies in the fact that we don't have any idea what FFE/Modiphius are going to do with it. Furthermore, we start to cross into sticky IP copyright territory if we were to adapt the setting and then expand on it, without a legal agreement. In effect, we can emulate the v2.2 rules mechanisms and rewrite them without any infringement, but using the setting as well? That's asking for it.

That's why the T198X Cold War, or other settings I listed are better options. The setting millieu developed by Hackett and subsequent authours is broad enough that we can create our own T2000'esque storyline in that era. Heck, we could even pay Brad Smith royalties for his recent stories and directly include the scenarios he describes in his works. It's a great marketing tie-in for him. And I get that you guys have invested considerable time and effort into expansions for the v1 and v2.2 timelines; that work need not go to waste. Your Kenya and East Africa materials can be modified to fit our new setting, instead of being expansions on v1/2.2.