View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
GM for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Thats some awesome detail! One thought, your assuming that all the area in Poland is free to farm no? I doubt that Soviet Tank Division is going to allow your city to farm and keep the food...
Yes, that is part of it too. This "first pass" was just working out the civilian population's ability to feed itself. The second step is working out how troops are supported. E.g., the area around Kalisz has a food shortage, although not a bad one (perhaps 5% short of 'OK'). But then you add in the Polish TD and Soviet MRD that attacked the 5th Division, and you can see why they might end up fighting each other over food that is there (as there isn't enough to go around) once they have reorganized from the attack.

One thing I like about the outcome of this model is that, by and large, it matches the idea that the greater part of Poland is starving. IMO, this helps to create conflict and helps lead to the breakdown of the nation and the military commands. I.e., I think the basic model matches the basic storyline at a large scale. But within this, there are regions and communities that are in very different situations, and this helps create more story ideas at the smaller scale.