View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Fletch View Post
Your take on a variant Science One is one I will steal for my MP games. I agree that the C3I needs of MP are important.
You could also use a modular Science One as a basis for Medical One, Recon One, Logistics One, Agricultural One, MARS One, etc.
Trade out ATVs for FAVs, HAAM Suits, even a towed Commando Scout.
Another thing mentioned in the original rules is that a MARS One wouldn't be operating alone; it would be deployed in conjunction with already active MARS and Recon teams, and act as a mobile base/command post.
If anything, The Landmaster is MORE flexible vehicle to use, and would be more effective than that monster of a beast, MARS One. Otherwise, just deploy a troop of fusion powered M-60s or M-1s if you need Shock and Awe.
MARS One, while cool, is very much a product of when the game was published. IMHO the inclusion of the MARS One in the game is more about game crunch (gamer granola/toys for players) than deeply thought out post apocalyptic need.
I've done a Medical One and a Logistics One. Don't use the HAAM suit, although towing a Commando Scout seems workable.

The ATVs are the "quads" so much used in rural areas, don't know if enough space can be freed up to carry a FAV, let alone 2, and I do like having an Air Scout available.

The Logistics One basically dumps the issue trailer and replaces it with two unarmed units for supplies.

The Medical One dumps the issue trailer and replaces it with a slightly longer and lower trauma unit for up to 8 patients (double-stacked). I usually pair up two V-150s with M-2HB/Mk19 turrets and two HMMWV hard-shell ambulances for protection/support.

Last edited by dragoon500ly; 12-09-2018 at 03:10 PM.