Thread: Prisons
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
couldnt easily breach this with small arms only . Even mortars and hmgs or gls and you still would face that casulaty rate from storming the walls ..

Modern arty etc would change this of course -but most adversaries in the t2k world will not have such weaponry .from a stationary position like this cheap blackpowder artillery like mortars and howitzer could be used without the drawbacks from using such weapons in the field..
I disagree, you overlook something, most firing position are turned toward the inside. You need quite some work to change this. I bet that you could put a lader on the outside wall without being threaten at all. The french prison that was attacked looked the same and the guys made a breach using explosives and RPGs of sorts. Once inside, they used submachine guns and assault rifles to silence the guards. They can become good defensive position but you need to work a lot before it becomes true.

I have made a rough translation of that events if that can help (I hope its good, at least understandable). It might be useful to identify the weakpoints and imagine what correction can be made to make your idea come true.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Ferrara escapes.doc (27.0 KB, 112 views)