View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:02 AM

Default We have desert in Norway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus
Now I see it! I wasn't sure what you were talking about Paul, but now that I look closer, the gas block does look big enough to be a 5.56mm barrel and that muzzle brake/flash hider is huge enough to be a 12-gauge barrel.

On a separate note, I think its a telling testament to current world affairs that Sweden (and Norway and Denmark and Germany) all have their own desert-pattern camo fatigues.
Well, its a "technical desert" meaning trhat it fullfills the require lack of precipitation that scientist use to define an area as desert..Its around 1-3 square kilometers or so some where in the central northern inland.

I dont think our camo pattern was developed for that one though...I kind of liked the one we used in the 90s..straight up kahki with no other colors. The one we used in the Lebanon was cool too..Indian Bush pattern.

As for the AK5 - I thinks its cool as sh*t and reliable too . Its a refined FN CAL as I understand it .

A stand alone shotgun system for it would be cool I guess , but the units in need of such equipment mostly use US gear in teh Scandinavian forces .( They are not big number -but they are constantly in Afghanistan or Iraq making sure Norway stays on the talibob death lists)