View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
This Norotriptyline would be great, because those who have schizoaffective disorder (like me...great selection of disorders I have...I even have a receding hairline) do not respond to antidepressants. I take Cymbalta, but that's because it knocks out about 40% of the pain -- it has no antidepressant effect. Do you know if it's approved for use in the US? I'll have to talk to Dr Duncan...
Although not approved by the FDA for neuropathic pain, a large number of randomized controlled trials have proven the efficacy of tricyclic antidepressants for the treatment of this condition in both depressed and non-depressed individuals. Recently, an evidence-based guideline sponsored by the International Association for the Study of Pain recommends nortriptyline as a first-line medication for neuropathic pain

Nortriptyline is a second-generation tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) marketed as the hydrochloride salt under the trade names Sensoval, Aventyl, Pamelor, Norpress, Allegron, Noritren and Nortrilen.

Hope it helps.